Culture Transformation from the Top
- How can you reinforce your strategy by shaping your company's culture?
- What is the behaviour gap to high performance on the top leadership levels?
- How can your top team and top 100 role model aspired leadership behaviours?
- How can you mobilize your Top 100 for measurable cultural change?
- How can you monitor changes in leadership performance over time?
A strong, healthy and performance-driven culture is one of the outstanding competitive advantages for any organisation. It is the organisation's mental software that ensures disciplined execution of strategies, real customer delight, full buy-in from employees, and highest operational efficiency. Against managerial wisdom, however, culture is a simple thing: "Culture is behaviour": it is the attitudes and behaviours of all members of the organisation, starting at the top. Thus, there is one major lever that fundamentally shapes an organisation's culture: the "shadow of its leaders".
Transforming the corporate culture is not about culture events, nor can it be delegated to the HR department – it is, first of all, the leaders' game. It is a top team driven process, focused on building the behavioural assets for improved business performance. Mobilizing for culture transformation requires leaders acting as role models on all levels of the organisation – starting with the team at the top. And yes: Based on this, the multiple enabling technicalities of culture embedded in people systems and structures – like performance management, reward systems, and talent development – are effective levers for culture change as well.
Typical situations we are asked to step in…
- Developing a strategy-focused leadership framework with the top team
- Initiating the development of a NewCo culture in post-merger situations
- Engaging top 100 effectively in role modeling a high performance culture
- Anchoring new feedback-rich leadership culture in the organisation
- Shaping executive team's culture transformation agenda and roadmap.
Working with executive teams to mobilize for a business enabling culture transformation we focus on three crucial tasks:
First, you can't create what you can't define! We help top teams to see through the "fog of culture". Using a deep understanding of current features and key drivers for organisational behaviours as a point of departure, we enable them to develop a company specific leadership framework, to define the behaviour gap, and to tailor their transformation roadmap.
Second, it all starts at the top! We support top teams to act relentlessly as a role model for the aspired behaviours by constantly providing feedback in a reflective dialogue with the top team. Culture transformation is a leaders' responsibility. Top-down initiation and disciplined role modeling are crucial for persistent and successful culture transformation.
Third, engage all levers and hold steady! With our proprietary and proven Top 100 Leadership Camps, we create a feedback-rich, self-energizing process of transforming leadership practices throughout the organisation. As experts in anchoring new behavioural practices through tailor-made leadership development – based on teaching, group action-learning, individual customized 360° feedback – we enable business leaders throughout the organisation with the reflective competencies they need to bring the aspired culture into being.
In working with us, top teams…
- understand the connection between culture, behaviour, and business results
- understand their contribution as role models for a high performance culture
- learn to leverage the leaders throughout their organisation for culture change
- share with their leaders on all levels a joint leadership agenda
- thus, systematically build up the behavioural asset base for lasting success.